Licensing Electronic Resources: An Introduction
Single Registration Pricing
- Member: $ 80.00
- Non-Member: $ 160.00
Group Registration Pricing
- Member: $ 200.00
- Non-Member: $ 400.00
Class Description: This basic workshop is designed for library staff who are new to negotiating licenses for electronic resources. This workshop would also be beneficial to library staff who do not negotiate with vendors, but who do work with electronic resources and/or ERM systems and need to understand license terms. [Note: this is an introductory workshop and is not geared toward experienced staff who have already negotiated licenses.]
The workshop will address the basic concepts of contract law (licenses as contracts) and offer a hands-on look at the components of a standard licensing agreement.
This workshop is very interactive. Participants are STRONGLY encouraged to join with a microphone or call in on the phone for audio so that you can participate in the conversation. This is not required, and you can still ask questions via the Chat option. However, it is strongly encouraged to ensure the best workshop experience.
- 4 Library Education Units (LEUs) for Indiana library staff
- 4 Contact hours for all other library staff
- You will receive a general email confirmation immediately upon successfully registering
- The login and preparation email for the workshop will be sent prior to the training date
- If you have not received your login and preparation email by noon of the day prior to the workshop, please email email@example.com to request it
MCLS Code of Conduct for meeting and event participants: MCLS is dedicated to providing a harassment-free environment at all meetings and events, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of meeting participants in any form. Attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the meeting at the discretion of MCLS. Our complete code of conduct and pricing information can be found here.
- Gwen Haviland
- 800-530-9019 ext 404