Copy Cataloging of Video Recordings Using RDA
Single Registration Pricing
- Member: $ 100.00
- Non-Member: $ 200.00
Group Registration Pricing
- Member: $ 250.00
- Non-Member: $ 500.00
Class Description: This workshop teaches participants how to do copy cataloging of video recordings and DVDs using RDA (Resource Description & Access) and hybrid bibliographic records. The class will address copy cataloging in the MARC format. The instruction will cover issues like the preferred source of information, physical description, authorized access point, content/media/carrier types, and choice of additional access points. In addition, participants will learn the MARC fixed and variable fields for video recordings and will study the relationships among these fields. Several MARC record examples will be examined, and two hands-on exercises will be included. The online versions of MARC21 Format for Bibliographic Data, OCLC Bibliographic Formats and Standards as well as other freely available cataloging tools will also be used.
NOTE: Basic navigation in the RDA Toolkit will NOT be covered.
- MARC: an introduction workshop (or working knowledge of MARC)
- Copy Descriptive Cataloging of Monographs Using RDA (or working knowledge of the RDA Toolkit)
- Access to the RDA Toolkit is helpful but not required.
- 6 Library Education Units (LEUs) for Indiana library staff
- 6 Contact hours for all other library staff
- 6 SCECHs for Michigan school library staff
- 6 PGPs for Indiana school library staff
- You will receive a general email confirmation immediately upon successfully registering
- The login and preparation email for the workshop will be sent prior to the training date
- If you have not received your login and preparation email by noon of the day prior to the workshop, please email email@example.com to request it
Note: To fully participate in the workshop, you will need to be able to access the webinar presentation via the Zoom link provided in the login and preparation email. Also, you will need access to the class materials via the Google Drive link provided in the login and preparation email. Finally, please plan to open and monitor chat within the Zoom meeting. Being able to view the presentation, view and possibly print the class materials, and participate in chat will lead to the most positive workshop experience. For Groups: The Zoom presentation and chat should be visible to all group attendees. The class materials link should be shared with group attendees ahead of time so everyone can access the class materials.
MCLS Code of Conduct for meeting and event participants: MCLS is dedicated to providing a harassment-free environment at all meetings and events, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of meeting participants in any form. Attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the meeting at the discretion of MCLS. Our complete code of conduct and pricing information can be found here.