Legal Resources for Public Libraries
Single Registration Pricing
- Member: $ 15.00
- Non-Member: $ 15.00
Group Registration Pricing
- Member: $ 15.00 (one login for group only)
- Non-Member: $ 15.00 (one login for group only)
Class Description: This class will teach about legal resources for public libraries. The instructor will provide some available free or low-cost secondary sources. Also, locations where laws can be found online will be explained. Finally, participants will be told about services to help patrons with legal advice. This class will be very practical and helpful.
- 2 Library Education Units (LEUs) for Indiana library staff
- 2 Contact hours for all other library staff
- You will receive a general email confirmation immediately upon successfully registering
- The login and preparation email for the workshop will be sent prior to the training date
- If you have not received your login and preparation email by noon of the day prior to the workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request it
Note: To fully participate in the workshop, you will need to be able to access the webinar presentation via the Zoom link provided in the login and preparation email. Also, you will need access to the class materials via the Google Drive link provided in the login and preparation email. Finally, please plan to open and monitor chat within the Zoom meeting. Being able to view the presentation, view and possibly print the class materials, and participate in chat will lead to the most positive workshop experience. For Groups: The Zoom presentation and chat should be visible to all group attendees. The class materials link should be shared with group attendees ahead of time so everyone can access the class materials.
MCLS Code of Conduct for meeting and event participants: MCLS is dedicated to providing a harassment-free environment at all meetings and events, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of meeting participants in any form. Attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the meeting at the discretion of MCLS. Our complete code of conduct and pricing information can be found here.