The Mystery of MARC Fixed Fields Solved
Single Registration Pricing
- Member: $ 80.00
- Non-Member: $ 160.00
Group Registration Pricing
- Member: $ 200.00
- Non-Member: $ 400.00
Class Description: What are the MARC fixed fields? And what are their purposes? In this two-day course, we will define the MARC fixed fields. Also discussed will be the purpose of the MARC 006, 007 and 008 fields. When are they used? How are they coded? Examples will be provided, and you will have the opportunity to create MARC 006, 007 and 008 fields for various types of resources.
- MARC: An Introduction (or working knowledge of MARC)
- 4 Library Education Units (LEUs) for Indiana library staff
- 4 Contact hours for all other library staff
- 4 SCECHs for Michigan school library staff
- 4 PGPs for Indiana school library staff
- You will receive a general email confirmation immediately upon successfully registering
- The login and preparation email for the workshop will be sent prior to the training date
- If you have not received your login and preparation email by noon of the day prior to the workshop, please email email@example.com to request it
Note: To fully participate in the workshop, you will need to be able to access the webinar presentation via the Zoom link provided in the login and preparation email. Also, you will need access to the class materials via the Google Drive link provided in the login and preparation email. Finally, please plan to open and monitor chat within the Zoom meeting. Being able to view the presentation, view and possibly print the class materials, and participate in chat will lead to the most positive workshop experience. For Groups: The Zoom presentation and chat should be visible to all group attendees. The class materials link should be shared with group attendees ahead of time so everyone can access the class materials.
MCLS Code of Conduct for meeting and event participants: MCLS is dedicated to providing a harassment-free environment at all meetings and events, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of meeting participants in any form. Attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the meeting at the discretion of MCLS. Our complete code of conduct and pricing information can be found here.