Break Out of Burnout & Rebalance Your Life
Single Registration Pricing
- Member: $ 70.00
- Non-Member: $ 140.00
No Group Registrations
Class Description: Today, more than ever, challenging and uncertain times are creating stress and threatening resiliency. Exhausted staff struggle to find the capacity to stand up to censorship, build inclusive spaces, and keep serving the community with a smile. This session will help you boost wellbeing in yourself and those around you through small shifts in your thinking and practice – no matter your role at your library. In this highly participatory workshop, we will explore ways to combat fatigue and burnout by living our values, practicing mindfulness and self-compassion, learning how to bring out the best in yourself and others, and understanding the importance of rest and recovery.
Important: This workshop is designed to be as engaging and interactive as an in-person workshop and includes individual and group activities, discussion, and hands-on practice, and participants should plan to have a microphone enabled and cameras on to participate. Because of the interactivity of the training, we ask that you plan to be fully present during the entire workshop and that you join individually on your own device though others from your library may also be registered. This enables you to be able to get the most out of the workshop and respects all participants’ time and efforts. Taking time to prepare and be fully present is all part of our wellbeing. Thank you!
- 3 Library Education Units (LEUs) for Indiana library staff
- 3 Contact hours for all other library staff
- 3 SCECHs for Michigan school library staff
- 3 PGPs for Indiana school library staff
- You will receive a general email confirmation immediately upon successfully registering
- The login and preparation email for the workshop will be sent prior to the training date
- If you have not received your login and preparation email by noon of the day prior to the workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request it
MCLS Code of Conduct for meeting and event participants: MCLS is dedicated to providing a harassment-free environment at all meetings and events, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of meeting participants in any form. Attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the meeting at the discretion of MCLS. Our complete code of conduct and pricing information can be found here.