Advanced MeLCat Cataloging
Free for all MeLCat library staff - please see prerequisite below
Class Description: This workshop is a continuation of the basic MeLCat Cataloging course. After a review of the MeLCat matching algorithm and exercises focusing on both original and copy cataloging, this course will cover an exploration of master record selection, how to “reverse lookup” records from their MeLCat server of origination, and other important things to keep in mind when creating or modifying records.
This course is free for all MeLCat library staff regardless of MCLS membership, but individuals MUST have already taken the MeLCat Cataloging basic course.
Audience: MeLCat library staff who have taken the MeLCat Cataloging course previously
Prerequisites: MeLCat Cataloging
- You will receive a general email confirmation immediately upon successfully registering
- The login and preparation email for the workshop will be sent prior to the training date
- If you have not received your login and preparation email by noon of the day prior to the workshop, please email email@example.com to request it
Webinar instructions to fully participate in the workshop:
- Access the webinar presentation via the Zoom link provided in the login and preparation email
- Access the class materials via the Google Drive link provided in the login and preparation email
- Class materials may be printed ahead of time if desired
- Open and monitor chat within the Zoom meeting
- We recommend updating to the latest version of Zoom prior to the workshop
- Only one person (the group contact who registered or the person they designate) is allowed to join the Zoom meeting
- This person should project their screen to the group attendees so that the Zoom presentation and chat are visible to all
- This person should share the class materials link with the group attendees prior to the workshop so they are able to view the materials on their own device. Materials may also be printed ahead of time if desired.
MCLS Code of Conduct for meeting and event participants: MCLS is dedicated to providing a harassment-free environment at all meetings and events, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of meeting participants in any form. Attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the meeting at the discretion of MCLS. Our complete code of conduct and pricing information can be found here.