Supervisor Series: Effective Communication Strategies for Managers (NEW!)
Single Registration Pricing
- Member: $ 80.00
- Non-Member: $ 160.00
No Group Registrations
Class Description: Being a supervisor is a complex job with a lot of responsibilities. A lack of clear, effective communication can hinder the relationship between a library leader and their employees, and can be costly in terms of productivity, team morale, and service to patrons.
It is critical for supervisors to be able to communicate effectively with all team members. This workshop will teach you how to be relatable, respectable, dependable, and communicative. As a result, you will be able to have a clear direction, meet your employees’ needs, handle difficult conversations with ease, and boost your assertiveness as a boss.
Important: This workshop is designed to be as engaging and interactive as an in-person workshop and includes individual and group activities, discussion, and hands-on practice, and participants should plan to have a microphone enabled and cameras on to participate. Because of the interactivity of the training, we ask that you plan to be fully present during the entire workshop and that you join individually on your own device though others from your library may also be registered. This enables you to be able to get the most out of the workshop and respects all participants’ time and efforts. Thank you!
- 4 Library Education Units (LEUs) for Indiana library staff
- 4 Contact hours for all other library staff
- 4 SCECHs for Michigan school library staff
- 4 PGPs for Indiana school library staff
- You will receive a general email confirmation immediately upon successfully registering
- The login and preparation email for the workshop will be sent prior to the training date
- If you have not received your login and preparation email by noon of the day prior to the workshop, please email email@example.com to request it
MCLS Code of Conduct for meeting and event participants: MCLS is dedicated to providing a harassment-free environment at all meetings and events, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of meeting participants in any form. Attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the meeting at the discretion of MCLS. Our complete code of conduct and pricing information can be found here.